Monday, May 07, 2007

TRYING OUT MY GREEN THUMB

I know I have not posted anything of sustance in quite awhile. I need to do an update, hopefully there will be some exciting things on the horizon. For now I'll post some pics of my newest venture - gardening.

I adore fresh herbs, mainly because I love cooking with them. I went to a nursery by my office, last week, with the intention of getting a couple of basil plants and perhaps some mint [for mojitos ;) ]

I went on this shopping excursion hungry. Much like going grocery shopping when hungry, that was a mistake. I kept thinking about all the savory dished I could make with all the different veggies and herbs I saw and I managed to buy much more than I had planned. Luckily, limited gardening space kept me in line a little bit. I ended up with basil, dill, thyme, parsley, cilantro, spearmint, chocolate mint, and chives in the herb department.





I also decided to give myself a real challenge and I bought corn and one lonely rhubard plant.


Now if I just remember to water [and not overwater] those plants, along with my father's tomato plants, they should yield a tasty summer crop!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home