Thursday, February 01, 2007

JUST CALL ME THE GREEN LANTERN

I thought my car could not look any more "ghetto". I was wrong. I have missing paint, and therefore large rust spots, missing hubcaps, and my bumper is all smashed. Then recently I was staying at a friend's house up north after a night of overindulgence. The following morning early afternoon I hear a knock on the bedroom door.

Friend: Did you have spraypaint on your car last night?

Me: Umm, NO!

Friend: Well you should come outside. The police just left.

WHAT?!

I threw on a jacket and some shoes and went out into the bitter cold to find a horizontal, green spray painted stripe spanning the entire driver's side length of my car. It looked as though the thugs perpetrators who did it basically drove up the street spraying as they went. There were several cars on the neighborhood that fell victim, although the vehicles parked in driveways were not touched. Lucky me for parking on the street.

In the end I decided it just didn't matter. They didn't graffitti any curse words or offensive pictures and they were even nice enough to use my favorite color. It's not as if the car was pristine looking in the first place. Every time my car makes a new noise, or gains a new scar I just cross my fingers and whisper silently to the Patron Saint of New Jobs, "Don't forget about me ..... I'm still waiting."

3 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, January 31, 2007, Blogger Brian D. said...

Oh how lovely. Sometimes I feel property crimes should be a capital offense.

Most likely teenagers with nothing better to do and no moral compass.

*deep sigh* Good luck with everything!!!!!!!

 
At 10:17 AM, February 01, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer! People can really suck some time!

 
At 12:50 AM, February 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes. I'm sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home