Thursday, August 24, 2006

WORTH THE READ

I just had to point you to a really insightful post. In responding to a "What I Want you to Know" blog carnival over at Baggage that Goes with Me, Wavy Brains wrote How to be Friends with Someone Suffering from Depression.

It was really heartfelt and on the mark. There were many sections I wanted to cut and paste and send to different people I know. Instead I decided to adhere to the author's request and post a link here in hopes of reaching people who might benefit from the information. Keep in mind that not all depression is all encompassing. You don't need to be committed to a hospital or completely non functional to suffer from depression. Many people suffering continue their daily lives as best they can, but everything is ten times harder. They go to work, to school and to social functions.

The post it quite lengthy, but well worth your time. If you have ever been depressed or have ever known anyone else who has struggled with depression definitely check it out.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, August 24, 2006, Blogger chanceofbooks said...

I do not mind if you cut and paste in an email--just give me credit with a link or my name:) Attention whore that I am. Seriously, though, share away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home