Friday, March 31, 2006

FRIDAY'S FEAST - MARCH 31, 2006

Appetizer
Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Things or people?! Oh things, ok!
1.That sport called curling is strange to me, although I am sure it seems perfectly normal to people who live in cold, desolate places who have nothing better to do.

2. Split level houses are strange to me. I suspect that at some point an architect was bored and/or drunk and was like "hey, let's see if we can get people to live in this!" It basically crams your kitchen and living room in upstairs with your bedrooms and obliterates privacy, then puts random other rooms downstairs. Usually those house don't have basements either so there goes your storage space, so then you have to use those random rooms and now you can't use them as living space anyway. So all you end up with is a ranch house on crack with these weird half stairways.

3. The NYC subway system is weird. I don't know why but it never made sense to me. People who live there swear it's easy, but I have tried countless times to navigate it and it makes no sense. I can go to Boston or DC or Chicago and understand the trains in a matter of minutes just from the signs in the station. In NYC you need a PhD in transportation and a hit of X before it would become comprehensible.

Soup
What was the last ceremony you attended?
Technically, I attended a will signing ceremony a couple weeks ago. If you're asking for something more formal, I went to a wedding last fall. But wait! How could I forget, I was sworn in as an attorney in December. There were judges and raised hands and oaths! If that's not a ceremony then I don't know what is!

Salad
What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
The best laid plans can be shot to hell in an instant so always have a backup.

Main Course
Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
Just one?! How about one good and one bad at least. The good first, I remember going to BowCraft amusement park in Scotch Plains and driving the gas powered cars. I was so afraid of driving into the lake, I didn't know they were on a track. Now the bad, I remember the day the Challenger exploded and everyone who went home for lunch that day came back to school crying.

Dessert
If you could extend any of the four seasons to be twice as long as normal, which season would you want to lengthen?
Spring - I'd like it to start about Feb 1 and go straight until June. We can cut out part of winter. The best part of winter is in December anyway, after that it's just gray and depressing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home