Thursday, December 01, 2005

ESCAPING EXPLORER FOR FIREFOX FRONTIER

Well I finally downloaded Firefox. I have been hearing about it for some time from a few people but never had any inclination to try it. Also, I was afraid adding random software to my already overwhelmed laptop might prove fatal. However, one certain pain in my a$$ updated his blog and I could not view it on IE and not moments later I saw a headline on Fark about how great the new version of Firefox was. So there you go, I succumbed to the peer pressure and so far so good.

I was never dissatisfied with IE except for one feature which is that I can alphabetize my favorites when I am organizing them, but I cannot find a way to have them alphaed when I click on the link on the toolbar. That seems to be identical in Firefox, so no change there. It's cute and all, but I don't get the hype. Anyone want to clue me in on why this browser has people in such a tizzy?

4 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, December 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tabbed browsing.

 
At 12:29 PM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as far as i know, firefox is much more virus and spyware-resistant than IE. My last straw with IE was having it crash three times while trying to place an order for a part I needed. Apparently IE and the order form didn't see eye to eye.

 
At 10:40 PM, December 02, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not microsoft?

 
At 12:45 AM, December 03, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. Tabbed browsing rules. This feature is also available on Safari, but I'm pretty sure Safari is Mac only.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home