Sunday, January 22, 2006

CELEBRATING THIRTY-THREE YEARS OF FREEDOM OF CHOICE

Today, January 22, 2006, marks the 33rd Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the SCOTUS decision that legalized abortion in the United States. For more info on anniversary happenings see SaveRoe.com.

I had occasion to meet the dynamic lawyer who championed Roe's case while I was in law school. She was a freshly minted lawyer with no trial experience down in Texas when the infamous case was dropped in her lap. Seen as a sure loser, it was given to rookie to use as "practice". My, my if they knew then what they know now.... In any event she was a dynamic speaker and an engaging personality. I was shocked when I found out she argued before the Supreme Court of the United States when she was younger than I am now!

There is so much I could say on this topic, but it is such a polarizing issue that I'll leave you to reflect on your own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home