Tuesday, November 14, 2006

THINGS THAT GO BUMP IN THE NIGHT

The other day I was driving home in the semi twilight and suddenly there was this THUMP in the middle of my windshield. I saw something sail up to my car beforehand, but it was quite windy so I assumed it was a leaf. The thump made me think otherwise. Whatever it was lodged into my wiper blade, so I flipped on the wipers to no avail. I finally decided it looked like a cluster of leaves on a twig and the twig must have stuck in between the wiper parts.

I totally forgot to check it out when I got home and the next morning I hopped in my car as usual to go to work. After I stopped for my morning coffee a guy in the parking lot asked me if the car belonged to me. [No, you just saw me open the door with a key and put my purse in the front seat, but noooo not my car.] I cautiously said yes since my car is an eyesore at the moment with more rust than paint and a missing rear bumper and I didn't know what smart ass comment awaited me.

"Do you know you're carrying around a little bat?"
"Excuse me?!"
"On your wiper there." and he points and then POKES it!!!!! "Yup, it's pretty cold too." EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

OMG!!! I have been driving around with a dead bat carcass on my car!!!!

I grabbed a wad of napkins and dislodged the offending rodent and deposited it in the trash. The worst part was that in hindsight the bat episode was the better part of my day.

1 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, November 15, 2006, Blogger Brian D. said...

Wow!

On the plus side you didn't hit a dear. Those buggers just wreck the entire car.

At least the guy could have been nice and used paper towels to pick off the dead rodent for you. Chivalry is so dead these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home