Thursday, July 14, 2005

PMBR CONTRACTS IS A MAZE

Has anyone else tried to listen to the PMBR Contracts CDs w/ Daniel Fessler?

I tried last night and I cannot make heads or tails of it. So far I have been listening to the CDs on a headset and typing the notes as if I were actually in the lecture. This worked great for Torts and Constitutional Law, but last night I tried to start Contracts and it was a mess. The lecturer seems to be well versed on the subject and he tried to interject a joke or two, which I appreciate. However, it seems to me that he is SO well versed that he tends to meander all over the place. I try to do these notes in an outline format if at all possible, but it was impossible w/ this CD. He goes from one subject to the next. Are we under "Offer and Acceptance" have we moved on? Why are we now talking about remedies all of the sudden and why do the hypos take 20 minutes to explain?? In between all this he is referring back to the 6 main questions to ask for any Contracts question. Well that's great, but since these "questions" each cover a myriad of topics I can't make them my section headers, so now my outline is all messed up. I finally gave up and went to bed.

My Barbri Contracts notes were excellent and I condensed them. I actually finally understood contracts when I took Barbri. My class first year was a wash and the professor hated me. Who teaches rememdies first semester then backtracks to Offer and Acceptance in the second semester?!? When I finally realized that guy was doing everything completely backwards I gave up paying attention and decided my time was better spent on Ebay for those three hours a week. That might not have been the best course of action at the time, but I digress.

So anyway, I think I might just review my condensed outline and forget about PMBR for this one topic, or else listen to the CDs in my sleep or something in the hope that something sinks in.

If anyone else can make sense of Fessler let me know, maybe I am missing something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home