Sunday, July 17, 2005

HAS LENO SEEN THIS ARTICLE?

I was reading this article that I found over on my favorite news site FARK. It's all about the decline of those brass poles that firemen slide down to reach their trucks in a hurry when an alarm sounds. It was one of those articles I love, about something so random but fascinating that you just don't come across everyday.

Anyway, I don't think the author proofread for clarity (or else he has a wicked sense of humor). I think this because of the following quote directly from the article:
In New York City's firehouses, veterans have a deep affection, even a zealous sense of protection, for their poles.

Yes, I know it's rather juvenile, but I laughed out loud. It's hysterical in a Beavis and Butthead sort of way. I don't know how this guy got past his editor (unless they are both naive, or have I just got my mind in the gutter?), but anything that makes me laugh out loud this close to the bar exam is a good thing! (Maybe I laughed because I am a bit punchy at this point too, but I digress ...)

Then I started thinking that the innuendo pertains to the purient interest . . . blah blah blah. That's when I knew I was reviewing too much Con law. If you can go from gutter mind innuendo to Constitutional Law 1st amendment rights in three seconds or less it's definitely time to take a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home