Tuesday, June 20, 2006

CRIME AND PUNISHMENT IN THE IDIOT BOX

For some odd reason I've decided I want to make a CD of theme songs from law shows. Maybe it will be inspirational, maybe not. I haven't really figured that out yet. In any event I need help with the list. The proliferation of law shows means that I will never remember all of them. Old or new, I'm not being picky at the moment. If I end up with too many to fit on a disc I'll cross that bridge when I come to it and weed some out. I may not even end up with enough shows, we'll see. I'm sure there will be a lot of "Wow, how could I forget that one", but that's what I am hoping for.

Below is what I have so far. I'm crossing my fingers that a few people will be able to help me out. [I'm looking at you lurkers too, I allow anonymous comments, so there's no reason not to participate.]

Anywho ...

LA Law
The Practice
Law & Order
The Paper Chase
Conviction
Boston Legal
Perry Mason
Judging Amy
Alley McBeal

What did I forget? If there are not a lot more than my list, then I will consider adding police shows to the mix also. That would mean Hill St Blues, CSI and The Closer. I bet I can't think of all those either, especially since I am willing to bet there are more police shows than lawyer shows. Feel free to put those in the comments as well if you'd like.

Sadly, I notice that there never seem to be shows about law students. The Paper Chase was only one season from what I understand, and I've never been lucky enough to see the show. I ADORE the movie. I know there was one show briefly last season, but it was so sporadic and kept changing in the schedule that I never even saw it before it was cancelled. Shame really, the life of a law student is full of potential angst and material for a show. I would love to write for a show like that.

OK, I've gotten hopelessly off topic. Law shows and perhaps some police shows in the comments box - ready, set, go!

4 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, June 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can think of JAG, The DA(with Steven Webber) was on for a bit, and wasn't there one called First Years on NBC for awhile??

Now don't ask me to name their theme songs...because I barely remember two of the shows...and never really watched JAG.

 
At 11:21 AM, June 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt Lock

Reasonable Doubts, An Early 90's Legal/Crime drama
Can't remeber the theme but the show wasa pretty good.

"Walking in the Rain" was the theme for 'Crime Story' mid-late 80's

Theme to 'New York Undercover'

Theme to 'The Shield' hopefully there is more than that little blurb they open the show with.

 
At 12:26 PM, June 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Murder One." Still one of the coolest theme songs I'm aware of. (Although, better with the opening theme WHOOOSH and seeing the quick flyover of downtown LA.)

 
At 10:39 PM, June 25, 2006, Blogger charlsiekate said...

Well, this is a police show I guess - but I like the theme song to NCIS. Makes me want to do something exciting with my life. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home