Sunday, September 25, 2005

FICTION RECOMMENDATION

Now that I have time to read fiction again I am awash in books and magazines, and loving every minute of it. Currently I am reading The Color of Law by Mark Gimenez. It is fantastic. If you like law you will enjoy it, if you are a fan of John Grisham [which I am] this guy is definitely worth a read. The setting is Texas, and the main plot is a rich, white, corporate lawyer who finds himself assigned to defend a black, heroin-addicted prostitute accused of murdering the son of a prominent local senator who also happens to be a presidential hopeful. How much more salacious can you get?! There are recurring race themes and echoes from the prologue and throughout of To Kill a Mockingbird [which happens to be my favorite novel of all time in case you were wondering]. All in all an auspicious start for a rookie author.

It's not released yet, I am reading an advance copy from the publisher, but seriously go check it out next month! The official publication date is October 18 and I highly recommend you pick up a copy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home