Saturday, October 13, 2007

LEFT BRAIN v. RIGHT BRAIN





Is the woman spinning clockwise or counterclockwise?

[Note that she spins much smoother on the article site than she does here, so you might want to go check out the article before making a decision on direction.]

According to this article, the way you see it spin tells you which side of your brain is dominant. If you try to engage the opposite side of your brain while not looking at the picture, you can make her switch directions.

I initially saw her spinning clockwise, but was able to make her switch, although I don't know exactly how. Are you right brained or left brained?

H/T to John Roberts over at There's No Competition In Law School

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, October 14, 2007, Blogger Brian D. said...

Before I read your post I thought you did a graphic of yourself doing a ballet move and thought "cool!"

Okay I'm left handed so you would think I would see it spin counter clockwise initially because of my supposed right brained dominance, but I spin clockwise for a few seconds. Then I glanced up to the TV for a second and saw it go to counterclockwise.

Once I read the article (oh so sneaky I thought) I saw it go counterclockwise again, but I swear that depending on when I look at the figure it changes the spin.

I guess my brain is wired funny. Eh we already knew that didn't we?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home