Saturday, October 08, 2005

NEW YORK BAR EXAM

For all those people planning to take the NY bar at some time in the future and especially for all the non-law people who have asked about the experience, or who don't understand the gravity of the situation this is a very accurate account.

The closing of the giant metal doors locking you in and the people guarding the bathrooms give a nice mental institution aura to it all.

My favorite part of the article, that made me laugh out loud was the following [if you never went to law school you're not going to find this remotely amusing]:

Legend has it that a candidate once sprinted up and down the aisles sharing with her fellow test takers this essential bit of information: "I am a covenant, and I am running with the land."

I can only hope that was a tension breaker and not a huge distraction for everyone. Imagining that girl running, red faced and panting telling everyone that she was running with the land makes me giggle - maybe it's just me.

Via Inter Alia.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, October 10, 2005, Blogger W said...

That brings a smile to my face and a quiet laugh.

I maintain however, that the Cali bar is the toughest in all the land.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home